Pages

Thursday, December 12, 2013

Sister Sammi Naef

About a month ago I said see you later to one of the best missionaries I know. It was tough, I will admit it. My greatest fear was that after Sammi left for her mission I would stop going to church, but I wasn't going to tell her that before she left. Instead I relished in the time we had together. I went to her farewell which was so amazing. Liz and I had planned on going, but we told Sammi that Liz would not be there. Before Sammi left for her mission she had told me that she wanted to see Liz at church at least once. So I made it happen. We walked into the chapel and Sammi saw us and started to cry while she was up on the stand. It was such a great feeling. Liz stayed the entire time and afterwards we went to Sammi's parent's house for dinner. I thought that would have been the last time I saw Sammi so I gave her the quilt I had made for her (my very first quilt). I did not cry, surprisingly.

On Wednesday, October 16th, I had planned on driving to the airport to say my goodbye. My original plan was to get up extremely early because I had to get ready for work, but since the truck was cancelled I was like "I'll go in my PJs to say goodbye." Well, low and behold I had to go to work but I did not wake up til 5am.... I was suppose to be at the airport by 5am. So I ran out of the house in the cleanest shirt that was nearby and cried the entire time driving to the airport thinking I had missed my goodbye and wouldn't see her for another 18 months. But I had made it just in time. I was able to give her the biggest hug ever and then I had to leave because not only could she not leave but i was getting very hysterical. I was kind of in a down mood the entire day and I have only gone to church once since she left. I do have things to work on without Sammi as my crutch but at least I know that she is doing well.

T minus 16 months :)

No comments:

Post a Comment