Pages

Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy 4th of July!!!

The 4th of July is always  fun holiday to celebrate with friends and family. The fireworks are amazing and celebrating the birthday of America is also an amazing thing to celebrate.

4th of July celebration in my family has always been fun. One of the first ones I remember is when we blocked off the entire street and had a block party! There was tons of food, sparklers, swimming, games-like basketball while holding a kid :), playing dress up with the "big" kids, photo shoots and of course gathering in my front lawn to see the fireworks from the river. (That was before the smaller CBC building was built across the street which now obstructs our view)

One year I went boating with my neighbors on the 4th of July and saw the fireworks up close!!! That was such a fun day. Boating, inner-tubing, swimming, a BBQ on the banks of the river, hanging out with soo many awesome people and to top the night off...the BIG boat that we played in and that belonged to my neighbors friend's broke down. We had to pull their rather large boat with our small boat 3 miles to the dock... Did I mention that it was like 2 in the morning :)

One year we went to my aunt's house where all the Asians invaded :) we lit fireworks off...I had a roman candle and didn't know what to do with it. (after i had lit it) "What do I do with it???" "YOU HOLD IT UP IN THE AIR!!!" "What?!?!?" Then a family friend's husband (who sadly passed away) ran up to me to hold my hand up in the air before it got anyone...OOPS!!! Sp many Asians, so many fireworks!!!


Of course there is the annual parade, and the air show. We live right by the airport so sometimes we will just lounge in our pool and watch the planes fly by :) One year the swim team was in the parade and I got to carry a flag through the streets :)

I absolutely love this day! Today we are going to my Grandma probably for tacos and then to my aunt's to light some fireworks! Pretty low-key this year but still fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment