Pages

Friday, April 12, 2013

Quilt for Battley!

One night I was blogging and just happened to stumble upon one that has touched me in more ways than I could even imagine.

I have been reading the Terhune's blog for a little while now and was reminded of why I want to be a NICU nurse. Their sweet little girl, Battley, has a chromosomal disorder T18 (Trisomy 18) and just turned ONE about a month ago. Her will to fight for life has wanted me to get my Nursing degree that much more to help others like her. After losing my daughter last April, I wanted to just give up mu nursing career. I was goingto school, taking some classes but didn't have a goal in mind like I always do. Battley put the will and determination back into me. Who knew someone so small who I have never met could change my course of action?!

One night I was hit with the overwhelming feeling of wanting to make a quilt for Battley for her first birthday. So far it is my favorite blanket and one that I had a lot of fun making. I had fun picking out the fabric too and after I told the lady at the store what I was making and who I was making it for she said to pick out all the fabric I wanted for this blanket and to find her before I left. Turns out she was the manager of the store and said that it was a nice thing I was doing and she said the fabric and supplies were a gift from them to Battley :) I felt honored to be able to make this little girl this blanket.

I pray for her to get stronger and healthier each night so that she can achieve those goals in her life that I know her parents would like her to do...like push a mini cart in Target. To hear that their baby has a chromosomal disorder and that the statistics are not in their baby's favor was probably one of the most difficult days for A and C...but from what I have read they have been more inspiring to other's. One line I read from their blog was that they have already accepted that Battley belongs to Jesus and they will cherish every day they are given with her. What a great way to look at life.

All these pieces eventually make a quilt!

All pieced together but not cut up for the "rag"



Cut up and ragged :)


Backside

All finished



While the blanket was "ragging" I made this canvas just because!


Thank you for allowing me to make this quilt for Battley, Catherine! She is a true inspiration to me and everyone who knows me knows of her and are praying for her as well. We all want her to push a mini cart :)

Here is the link to their blog. Battley's story is truly inspiring! Battley's story

2 comments:

  1. Just BeAuTiFuL!! What a Blessing you are as well! (a B follower)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a distant relative of Battley, and it touches my heart to see such an outpouring of love for her. You are a sweetheart! Love the quilt :)

    ReplyDelete