Pages

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Remember when...

It's been almost a year since I moved back from Utah...and I just unpacked my last box this past week. During Spring break I decided I would purge all of the junk I did not need, and perhaps find things I have been looking for for quite some time. I went through my box of old notes, cards, basically anything that brings back a smile. I found ALL of the love letters that my roommates and I would give each other. It made me sad because I miss them all.








The "original" six never all met each other. Manda, Lexi, Sofie, Katie and I all met the first day and we were waiting for Tasha. Turns out she wasn't coming. So we got ANOTHER girl named Kate. She was interesting to say the least. She kept to herself and her mom was over all the time. She spent the weekends with her parents in Bountiful and when she was home she never talked to any of us. She never really came back after Thanksgiving but it was her room. We found out that she was moving out after the semester and we were getting Jana, who moved all of her things into our pantry and laundry room before the break so someone else could move into her room.








Jana was awesome! We all had to learn to live with her. We all had to learn not to take what she says too seriously. She is incredibly smart and honest and funny. I loved having her as a roommate and someone to laugh with and to comfort when things were not going her way. She shared her love of Gilmore Girls with Manda and I and we all had a sleepover int he living room. She came to my baptism (only knowing her for about 2 weeks) and she was one that I was going to miss quite a bit.



Manda is still one of my favorite roommates. Sad that we haven't talked since about August... I know she is getting married to someone who I haven't really met. I miss her. I miss talking to her, going to her when I was sad or vice versa. I miss laughing with her, going to church with her then watching Gilmore Girls and doing homework, I miss her singing, her playing the piano and her nicknames for me. She is the only person who is allowed to call me Kaity baby :)




 


 


Katie and I had somewhat of a falling out towards the end of the semester. It was stupid. I didn't get to say goodbye to her, but she was one of the ones I told everything to. I miss her. In the middle of the summer she sent me a letter and apologized for the way she treated me and realized that she was in the wrong. But to be completely honest, there were things both of us did that could have been prevented. I just wish she hadn't had to get hurt like I did to realize that us not talking was pure stupidity.




Lexi...oh, Lexi. She is still my sisters favorite person :) I miss Lex. I know she is in Arizona now...But again, I haven't talked to her in quite some time. As far as I know she is NOT getting married yet lol. I will never forget about her thinking that a head of garlic was a clove and she got 4 HEADS ready to put them in our lemon chicken until I corrected her :) then after that I found a recipe for 40 cloves of garlic and we just had a laugh at that.




Sofie is the only roommate I did not get along with. SO much tension between her and I and a few of the other girls. Jana hated her too and we all lived on the same side of the apartment. She is the only one I do not miss and I wish she didn't hurt Katie like she did me. But I guess sometimes some people are just that way.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment