Pages

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Great Grandpa Valdez

For as long as I can remember my great grandpa has always been "sick." There was a time I do remember him being healthy and that was for his wedding anniversary. Every time we go down to California in the back of everyone’s minds is “say goodbye to great grandpa because he might not make it.” 18 years later-he is still kickin’ it!

Recently he has taken a turn for the worse. It’s going to be hard letting him go but for the past 11? Or 12? Years he has always said “I just want to go to the bone yard.” Sad. He misses my great grandma who died several years ago.

Great Grandpa has taught me so many life lessons! The stories he has told us and the way he could feed blue jays and squirrels will always be with me. He always called me Kaity, it was never Kaitlyn and he was with me the day we went to the duck pond and I said “Patrick, you are a nerd!” to him we are known as the nerds.

 Squirrel that Great Grandpa fed daily!
 90 years old!
 Great Grandma Evelyn-all the girls have lyn at the end of their names!
 Favorite Quote: "Kaity, can you help me blow these out? I can't, my teeth will fall out!!!"
 Great outdoors-just like he liked it!
Leonard Valdez!
5 generations!!! This was the trip that my brother got pulled over in Weed because he was trying to catch up to my dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment