Pages

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Lee Time!!!

Is getting out the door for family functions frustrating and a big task? It is in my family. Our tardiness even has it's own name-Lee time meaning you are three hours late to an event and stay five hours later :) It's mostly on my dad's side of the family but the disease has spread to my mom's side too. Events always start off as "6:00 at BB's house...is that Lee time?" Sometimes we get calls asking if we are on Lee time. It's horrible. My family is the latest of the whole bunch-which is odd because we are all teenagers, there are more drivers and there are multiple cars. BUT with that said while we do have the most kids in our family it's always dad who is mowing the lawn 15 minutes before we leave, mom is still curling her hair when the event "started", the boys haven't taken showers yet since they have learned that we aren't going to be leaving for a couple of hours, my sisters are already waiting and yelling at everyone else and me...well I try my best but for some reason I am prone to long showers and therefore making myself late.



My grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins all have become clever and told us an earlier time an even started so by the time we get there we are closer to on time. But getting in the car is another big task by itself. We all wait by the car-like we are four again- then the boys and dad wrestle in the yard. Someone yells "open the window or turn the air on" (so we turn the radio and the air on) a few minutes later my dad comes and takes the keys... "DAD!!!" he then proceeds with locking the front door, forgetting something, going back to get it, locking it again and then walking to the back door to make sure its locked even though we locked it before. Then the seating arrangements...usually I am in the middle seat because I am one of the oldest but lately we have been going by size which means I am squished in the back. We all fight about the air and such resulting in some grumpy kids.

By the time we are leaving an event it takes us 40 minutes. That's right! We are slow in general :) We say goodbyes, and then hugs, goodbye again...then someone talks about something then we wave to the people leaving until they are out of sight...more hugs, goodbyes blah blah blah. By the time we get home we are tired, cranky ad just want to get in. The problem is is that everyone is lazy and doesn't want to take their house key out so...we wait for dad. Dad has a habit of locking the car door, checking EVERY door to make sure they are locked, turning the water spiket off even though it was off and then very slowly walks to the door to unlock it. He knows it bothers us and does it just to hear us whine and moan :)

All in all, my family has a hard time with time management!!! It only effects me with the family events not with school. I have never been tardy to any class!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment