Pages

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Things to Remember

*        I used to share a bedroom with three of my brothers!
*        My brother used to dress up in all my dresses and hats! He wearing my heels was pretty awesome too.
*        I remember my 6th birthday tea party with friends and then a family party at home. My friend wanted to come to so I hid her under my bed until the family birthday started J
*        The day my sister came home from the hospital. I was jealous because I was the “princess” of the house for so long.
*        The many, many, many water balloon fights with all my boy cousins! I get along better with the guysJ
*        Dressing up as a sunflower for Halloween and getting real sick the day after.
*        The traditional Friday night homemade tents in the basement. Those were pretty legit. With the help of my big brother and his friends we could do everything from watch T.V., sleep, eat, and play in those things. We even had our own “room” within the tent.
*        Remodeling the basement! That’s when my uncle put a nail through his foot. Can you say idiot?!?
*        Racing up and down the stairs on our hands and feet with my brother. That all ended when a sharp pencil when straight through his hand.
*        Thinking I was a boy. I dressed up like a boy, played with the boys and then cried when I was told I wasn’t a boy.
*        My neighbor coming to babysit us and bake brownies with us. We stopped making those brownies once she sneezed and a huge snot bubbles came out. YUCK!
*        Making mud pies in the garden with my neighbors!
*        Learning to ride a bike because I am a bit competitive and the older kids were doing it.
*        Building the in ground pool in the backyard.
*        Going over to Ms. Ruth’s and having her read to us.
*        Playing with the best dog ever! Shadow.
*        Taking all sorts of pictures in the corn field and the swing set. My little sister ate the corn husk and then my brother got sting by a bee!
*        Going skinny dipping the pool with the neighbor girls! Then dad coming out asking if we were ok. Good thing it was nighttime and we had nothing to be embarrassed about since we were only 8 years old!
*        Camping out in the backyard and having my neighbor padlock us in. they then proceeded with shooting pellets at the tent and then pouring syrup on our heads in the morning.
*        Getting a new dog and then another new dog and now we have three.
*        Picking up my kitten for the first time and having to turn around to get her brother!
*        Going to Seattle with my family to visit my uncle. He had pillows in the shape of the Little Mermaid, Buzz Light-year, and Woody waiting for us.
*        On that same Seattle trip, I went to the store with my uncle to pick up something. He decided to do some flips with me in the aisle and had to embarrass me. “Katie, why do you have wholes in your underwear?!?!” I was only five at the time. He got his payback though because some lady scolded him for having a little girl out so late.
*        My auntie’s wedding! I was the flower girl and during the rehearsal my dress flew up because I walked over the vent. I was so embarrassed. It didn’t fly up in the wedding though.
*        Same wedding, I danced with my new uncle. I think he had to hold me since he was super tall and I was only 6 years old.
*        My uncle’s weeding I was also the flower girl. That wedding I passed out in J that’s what you get when you put me-who has been swimming and running around all day- in a huge white dress and make me stand still in the hot summer’s sun.
*        Going down to California and kicking my second cousin for “flirting” with my favorite big brother. 10 years later I see her and learn that she has no interest in guys what so ever…
*        Meeting my favorite cousin (at the time) in California and tried sneaking her into the van with me.
*        Visiting my brother for spring break in Portland, Oregon.
*        Playing tennis with all my Asian relatives at a country club! Tennis turned into a crab walk race for all the cousins.
*        Catching kittens at the farm house in Finley. I would spend hours out in the dump pile where they liked to hang out waiting to hold one.
*        Climbing in the wood scrap pile and having a nail go through my sandal. Luckily, it went in between my big toe and the next and my cousin was able ot carry me down from the pile.
*        Making the gravy for every Thanksgiving from ages 4 to still now.
*        Having sleepovers with my aunt at my grandparent’s house.
*        My uncle BB babysitting with my aunt Erin. Needless to say…we baby sat them since they always fell asleep.
*        My aunt Erin and Uncle BB finally getting married!!!
*        Meeting my cousin Hunter for the first time. He was too long for me to hold, he’s still super long.
*        My cousin Andrew pooping and then “painting” his playpen in my room…I couldn’t sleep in there for days after and we had to air out the whole house. YUCKY.
*        Getting my life size doll house from my auntie!!! I then played house with my brothers and made them sleep in it.
*        Getting homemade stools, chairs, rockers from my aunt with initials for every cousin. She always messed up on mine. KNL not CNL!
*        Pulling names for the gift swap at Christmas and my cousin Christopher getting me or me getting him every year. It got annoying since there are so many of us to choose from.
*        Camping at La Wis Wis and getting lost for 3 hours. I told my aunt I was going to the bathroom. No one came to look for me L and I almost made it to the highway. In fact I was one camp site away from it and the family campsite was 2 miles north!
*        Nana: “Kaitlyn let’s walk on the fallen tree!” Me:”Okay!!!” so we go walking. Nana: “ahh, Kaitlyn I’m falling!!!” me:”Don’t run. Just stop, then you won’t fall” so nana runs! She ran off the tree and scraped up her entire right leg. Thigh to ankle. We were camping so the moms of the camping area made her change into her swim suit and they slathered her leg in Neosporin. Me:”I told you so” nana: “shut up”
*        I used to go to my neighbors all the time. They had rats and I had just eaten a taco for dinner. The rat bit my hand and my hand was wrapped up in gauze for days! OUCH.
*        I went boating for the first time with the neighbor girls. I also got my first experience with whip lash and the police during this adventure.
*        Catching tad poles in the pond…killing tadpoles in the kitchen since I am clumsy and broke the jar.
*         Having the worse appendicitis in the county for 5 months. That’s right-5 months
and 6 or 7 surgeries later.

*        Swim team for 11 years. And of course the famous race between me and Cody Rush. I kicked his butt and his mother was mad as heck. “you let a little girl beat you”
*        Crying when my big brother and I were split up for a lengthened amount of time.

There are so many other things that I remember from childhood. It’s had its ups and downs but with how big my family is there is always something or someone to laugh at.

No comments:

Post a Comment